Roasted Cumin, Roasted Ground Coriander (12%), Salt, Dried Coconut Milk (Coconut Milk, Maltodextrin, Milk Protein), Brown Sugar, Cayenne Pepper (8%), Garlic Powder, Ginger, Brown Mustard Seed (4%), Red Bell Peppers, Turmeric, Ground Cinnamon (Cassia), Coriander Leaf (2%), Black Pepper, Cloves
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Country of Origin:
Produce of the EU
Origin Free Text:
Produced in the EU
Preparation and Usage:
Ideal for making Lamb Madras.
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tbs tomato purée
3 tbs Schwartz Madras Curry Spice Blend
450g (1lb) lamb, diced
350ml (12fl oz) water
3 tbs light olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1. Blend vinegar, tomato purée and 1 tbs Madras Spice Blend. Add lamb, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or for best results overnight.
2. Cook lamb in a saucepan with 150ml water for 20-25 minutes, until most of the water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil and fry onion gently, until browned. Add remaining 2 tbs Madras Spice Blend and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
4. Add this, along with remaining water to the lamb, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Season to taste.
Why not try...
Replacing the lamb with beef or chicken. Serve with basmati rice flavoured with a few cardamom pods and a cinnamon stick during cooking.
- Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
- No added preservatives or MSG
90 Grams ℮